Posting ID : A1068546937
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Customer Service
Position: Collections Specialist
Location: Irvine, CA
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr
Schedule: 8am 5pm
NOTE: Manager is looking for someone who is strong in MS Excel, specifically with Pivot Tables and V look-up Temp to hire opportunity
* The Collection Analyst is responsible for approximately 300 Headquarter accounts each month.
* Using the telephone, email or fax to research and resolve customer billing issues, send collection letters when appropriate and ultimately receive past due payments on accounts.
* The analyst is expected to independently contact 50-60 collection accounts daily, primarily by phone, to collect the past due amounts.
* The Analyst follows outlined written procedures and uses independent judgment to determine appropriate collection steps.
* The Analyst uses the computer systems to document the activity of individual customer accounts and on an ''as needed'' basis, the Analyst works with the other departments such as Sales and Billing to resolve billing issues.
* In Addition to the above duties the Collection Analyst will be responsible for the filing of our company's FDIC and Bankruptcy claims each month.
* 3-5 years of collections and accounts receivable experience, plus knowledge of bankruptcy and skip tracing.
* Advanced excel skills, Word, Outlook and Oracle Computer Systems.
* Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Great follow-through skills, the ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and detail oriented.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelors degree in Accounting is preferable or equivalent experience
Want to receive updates on all of our job opportunities that match your skill set? Please click on the link below and join our Talent Network.
Qualified candidates must be able to:
* Provide verifiable work history (names, addresses, phone numbers, accurate dates of employment)
* Successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen
* Successfully pass a county criminal background investigation
* Provide detailed information for highest degree obtained (high school diploma, GED or college/university)