Posting ID : A1068546291
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Manufacturing
We are seeking a R&D Lab Technician-Int. for a very important client.
The Sr R&D Technician plays an important role in the coordination and testing of medical devices for New Product Development and quality control of current products. The Sr R&D Technician will be responsible for executing laboratory tasks, to enable the laboratory to function effectively while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform product, manufacturing, quality or testing support activities to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations as directed.
- Testing expert for 1 or more testing equipment (eg. Instron, Vision System, Thermal Spread, etc)
- Support new product development and sustaining activities on medical instruments including Engineering Studies, Investigations such as NCs/CAPAs, etc .
- Create and drive document changes through ECO/ECR processes.
- Provide timely response and/or feedbacks to personnel requesting testing services.
- Support Equipment Qualifications.
- Qualify and Implement Test Methods.
- Draft Protocols, Reports, Investigations, etc.
- Data Analysis (Basic)
- Ensure overall Good Laboratory Practices and cleanliness.
- Execute all assigned task and/or testing following current or proposed procedures.
- Assist 510(k) development process.
- Keep up to date with technical developments and implement procedures/technologies which can save time and improve reliability.
- Act as a safety liaison in the laboratory
The ideal candidate will need the following qualifications:
- 4-8 years of experience in a regulated laboratory or medical device environment
- High School diploma required
- Associate's or Technical degree in biology, chemistry, mechanical, electrical or related field preferred
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Outlook, Minitab and Solidworks required
- Knowledge of medical terminology/concepts related to medical devices, AAMI TIR30, ISO 17025, ISO 10993, ISO 13485
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan/prioritize activities
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with different areas across the business (e.g., Quality, Operations, Shipping, Sourcing, Engineering, etc.)
- Ability to identify and lead improvement initiatives
- Ability to work with external vendors