Posting ID : A1068544655
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Writing Editing
MedHelp is changing the way people approach and manage their health through top mobile apps, the biggest online health community and a leading health engagement platform. We're looking for a Content Production Intern to join our mission to help people live healthier lives.
- You love all aspects of digital media from writing to producing to promoting. You have an eye for detail and are smart, creative and thoughtful -- with a passion for health and wellness.
- You have plenty of talent and drive -- and some experience to back it up.
- You feel comfortable using various tools to bring ideas to life. For example, you know how to use a blogging platform or content management system to publish stories and images, and are a confident user of social media and smartphone apps.
- You think interactively; are brimming with ideas; and are meticulous in your work.
- Hone your digital and editorial skills and gain more hands-on experience
- Build content in our proprietary CMS for publication on our website, MedHelp.org, and in our consumer-facing apps, Sugar Sense (diabetes tracker) and I'm Expecting (pregnancy tracker)
- Find images on stock sites for articles, slideshows and other content
- Research, fact-check and proofread content
- Assist with the promotion of content through social media tools and email newsletters
- Stay current with the latest health information and digital media trends to help pitch ideas in editorial meetings that will keep us ahead of the competition
- Lend your skills to other assignments as needed
- A complete or in-progress BA or MA with concentration in English, Media, Communications, Journalism or the equivalent
- An understanding of what makes a compelling content experience on the web
- A strong work ethic and are highly motivated, able to work independently, and eager to learn and grow
- Strong communication skills and are a team player with a good sense of humor
NICE TO HAVE:
- Previous experience working for a digital media company
- Experience writing and reporting on health and wellness
- Familiarity with HTML
This is a PAID internship that requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week, minimum 3-month commitment. We can also work with your university to provide credit for this internship. This position reports to the senior health editor.
PLEASE GO TO WITH YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND 3 WRITING SAMPLES. If you cannot follow these instructions, you will not be considered for the position. No phone calls, please.