Posting ID : A1068542780
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Healthcare
Cottages of Emett is seeking a full time night shift caregiver to join the team! We are looking to fill this shift immediately. We are looking for someone who is CPR/First Aid certified, med pass certified and has had fingerprints done in the last 3 years. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
I. Employee must be at least 18 years old.
2. Employee must be able to complete infection control training and have no communicable diseases. Employee must be familiar with the OSHA blood borne Pathogen standards and observe all policy and procedures to protect self, other staff, and residents from infections.
3. This job will require, at times, the employee to lift in excess of 50 lbs in helping residents. Proper lifting techniques must be used to avoid injury to staff or resident.
4. All certifications required per state regulations must be obtained in a timely manner. Failure to get certifications in CPR, First Aid, and med pass class may result in dismissal.
5. Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
6. Be in good general health.
7. Must have reliable transportation.
8. Be compassionate and give excellent resident care.
9. Employee must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
10. Have basic computer knowledge.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
-Housekeeping includes dusting, vacuuming, take out garbage, clean bathrooms, etc.
-Resident and facility laundry
-Make and change beds
-Assist residents with toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, and all other ADL's
-Plan and prepare meals followed by dishes and clean-up
-Pass out and assist with medications
-Assist with snacks, meals, and activity participation
-Responsible for daily logs and some resident documentation
-Attend 8 staff in-service trainings per year
If interested please apply online at www.thecottages.biz under the "contact us" tab to apply online.