Posting ID : A1068542549
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Childcare
We're currently on the search for a babysitter in the area. Our son, Dantae, just turned three in March (little Pisces). He lives with his mother in Eagle Rock. We're looking for someone to come by 3-4 times a week to his mother's, hang out with him in the evenings and put him to bed.
We need him watched most likely from about 6pm-11pm. We're looking for someone to hang out with him at his mother's home in Eagle Rock, probably feed him dinner or snack and put him to bed. He can go to bed as early as 9pm or as late as 11pm - kinda depends on the type of day he's had. He lives with his mother, auntie and grandmother. His grandmother and auntie will probably be around when you're over to babysit Dantae but not all the time. So once he's asleep, if his mother or auntie are home, you're good to go.
The days will probably change from week to week. However, they can possibly become consistent once things become figured out.
To give you a good idea of what my son's mother and I are looking for, here's a list of attributes that we would consider IDEAL:
- BI-LINGUAL. Fluent in both English and Spanish. My son is 1/2 Italian, 1/2 Mexican. We could like him to keep in touch with both his cultures. We're looking for someone that would speak in both English and Spanish with him but primarily in Spanish.
- LOCAL. Ideally we'd like someone in the Eagle Rock/Highland Park/Glassell Park area. Anywhere in the North East LA would be great.
- RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION. Sometimes we may need him picked up or dropped off somewhere. We can provide a child car seat. Currently he's in a summer childcare program. WE may sometimes need you to pick-him up. This might not be the case frequently, or at all, however if the needs were to ever arise - we could like to know that the option would be there.
- NUTRITION. Our son isin't strictly vegetarian/vegan, however, his mother and myself are more on the health-conscious tip when it comes to his/our diet. We're not asking that you be vegetarian/vegan. It would be a big plus, but just know that we like this boy eating nutrient-dense food.
- INTERACTIVE. We would like our son to be watched by someone who is interactive, hands-on, active. Our son has a lot of energy and needs someone to stimulate and keep up with him! He's definitely not a stranger to some TV time, but a good balance is aimed for between TV and outside play ; his babysitter would hopefully take on the same approach
In terms of compensation, we can do $10/hr. We can discuss this more in full once we meet or have a conversation over the phone. We're looking for someone ASAP. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please get in touch.
Feel free to reach me on my phone at My name is Jorge.