Posting ID : A1068541294
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Healthcare
No one knows the importance of kindness more than caregivers. A little kindness can cover mistakes, change attitudes, overcome differences, and create meaningful memories that last a lifetime.
Senior Helpers of Salem is currently recruiting for part time CNA/Caregivers that is calm & collected to assist with a female client who suffers from late stage dementia. Her children are assisting with her care now and have been for a few months. They are realizing they need to bring a caregiver in the home to assist mom with her ADL's. You will be greeting her in the morning, assisting with bathing & dressing. Also, the caregiver/cna will be assisting with the clients colostomy bag which will be overseen by an RN.
At Senior Helpers, we understand how rare and precious it is to find someone who is truly kind, gentle, and compassionate. We've been providing high quality in-home care for seniors in the Mid-Willamette Valley for several years, and since we specialize in dementia care, we really cherish those caregivers who radiate kindness and who know the value of a comforting smile.
You should know that you won't be alone in this endeavor. We will provide you with the training and support you need to give this senior the highest possible quality of life. You will be backed by office staff who will schedule your shifts and handle any problems you might run into. We even have an RN who can train and advise you if the need arises. Other benefits include holiday pay, referral bonuses, and, of course, 24/7 access to our management team.
The caregiver may provide:
* Caring companionship & conversation
* Meal preparation, light housekeeping, laundry
* Personal care bathing, dressing & grooming, etc
* Transferring assistance
* Medication reminders to Medication Management
* Delegated services
* We specialize in Alzheimer's and dementia care
In addition to being an exceptionally gentle and compassionate person, you must also:
* Have verifiable experience working with seniors
* Have a car, good driving record, valid driver's license, and insurance
* Be willing to learn a very specific and complex care regimen
* Be attentive to detail
* Pass a comprehensive background check
* Read, write, and speak English well
* Be authorized to work in the US
* Provide two professional and two personal references