Posting ID : A1068538657
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : General Labor
Semios is an emerging leader in the development of machine to machine technology for agriculture. Our technology enables growers of high-value orchard crops to monitor for pests, disease and frost risk and determine where and when to take action to protect and increase crop value.
As Semios is a small, rapidly growing company, employees are often given as much responsibility as they are willing to take on. Upward mobility within the company is probable for qualified persons. If you are a self motivated, hardworking employee and like the idea of working for a dynamic, fast-paced agricultural technology company, Semios may have a position for you.
We are looking to hire a Field Technician to implement and monitor state of the art technology in commercial apple farms while communicating with customers and Semios management.
Field Technicians are Semios' hands in the field, setting up and maintaining all equipment, coordinating technical communications with the engineering team at headquarters, and liaising with collaborating apple growers.
Specific tasks include:
- Communicate with apple growers and industry partners.
- Map orchards and install field equipment including Semios dispensers, traps, weather - - stations, network gateways, soil moisture sensors and leaf wetness sensors.
- Manage and monitor devices using our graphical user interface and database.
- Service field equipment as required.
- Good verbal and customer communication skills.
- Good reporting, writing skills using MS word.
- Good physical health and able to work outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid Driver's license
- Must be able to work independently and be detail oriented.
- Sales Experience a plus.
- Familiarity with commercial apple growing an asset.
- Must be able to work with hand tools and understand simple electronic wiring.