Posting ID : A1068538252
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Volunteers
Beacon Hospice Seeks Local Volunteers
Beacon Hospice provides quality end-of-life care to local terminally-ill patients out of its Fall River office. We are looking for caring and compassionate individuals in your area. Volunteers can provide much needed support to patients and their families in a number of ways including:
- friendly visits with patients on an ongoing basis,
- sitting vigils,
- knitting blankets/crocheting afghans,
- organizing craft projects, and,
- providing music therapy, reiki or pet therapy
- Veterans to provide one-on-one companionship to other veterans
Below are just a few of the local facilities where volunteers are needed:
Bedford Village Nursing Home, Brandon Woods of New Bedford and Dartmouth, Hallmark Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, The Oaks Nursing Home, Sacred Heart, Alden Court Nursing Home, Our Lady's Haven of Fairhaven, Inc., as well as Homecare.
For more information, interested volunteers should contact Erin Hassell, Volunteer Coordinator, at ext. 108 or .