Penalties related to payments to Independent Contractors...

Posting ID : A1068535239
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Financial Services

If your business utilizes independent contractors, you are subject to an annual Form 1099-MISC
reporting if payments are $600 or greater. If not filed, businesses are subject to a per form penalty which is about to increase 150%. I am a CPA with twenty years of experience in working with small businesses and individuals in the areas of 1) accounting and financial statement preparation and certification; 2) tax compliance, problem resolution/representation; and planning, and 3) accounting software system selection, set-up, and training. If you aren't such whether you have a potential issue related to independent contractor classification, give me a call for a no obligation 15 minutes check-up. I am listed with the Internal Revenue Service as a paid preparer.

Steven Price, CPA

Some Other Postings