Posting ID : A1068534755
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Transportation
Rancho Ready Mix is currently seeking experienced drivers to deliver ready-mix concrete to our customers in a safe, timely and efficient manner to the Colton and surrounding areas.
Delivers quality ready-mix concrete product to our customers in a safe, timely, and efficient manner. Ready Mix Driver activities are monitored and compliance is verified through the utilization of routine record audits on driver responsibilities and preventative maintenance records. Supports management with customer relations and logistics during the entire product delivery process.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Delivers product following designated routes to and from job sties.
* Ensures quality of product delivered including proper mix and slump design.
* Ensures mixer is safe and mechanically sound.
* Maintains the cleanliness of vehicle to Motor Carrier standards inside and out.
* Accurately maintains logbooks for inspection reports and daily log sheets.
* Follows and complies with all DOT and California commercial license requirements.
* Assists other drivers as necessary by reporting delays and/or problems to dispatcher.
* Understands basic testing procedures including field tests performed by others.
* Operates all functions and stages of concrete delivery (ex. load preparation, handling and assembling discharge chutes and extensions, post-delivery cleaning and maintenance).
* Assists management with customer relations and logistics.
* Provide backup functions for logistics and management as needed.
* Ensures efficient customer service throughout all processes using effective communication skills to achieve premium customer relations.
* Complies with all laws relating to commercial driving and environmental compliance.
* Follow the Company's Employee Standards of Expectations of Behavior.
* Maintains a safe work environment by following all Company safety rules, standard operating procedures and general management practices.
* Performs any other duties assigned.
- Minimum 2 years experience driving a ready mix concrete truck.
- Must have knowledge of ready mix materials and delivery processes
- Must meet DOT qualifications and meet minimum Motor Carrier requirements.
- Class A or B California commercial driver's license.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
* Overtime may be required to meet customer demands.
* Must be able to work in a heavy industrial environment, exposed to weather elements, some noise; perform some work in confined spaces, and around dust.
* Must be able to wear all required personal protective equipment for the task, but not limited to, safety glasses, respiratory protection, safety belts, gloves, and hard hat.
* Must be able to perform heavy work and heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. with occasional