Posting ID : A1068529912
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Healthcare
Position Title: RESPIRATORY THERAPIST -- REGISTERED/CERTIFIED (PART-TIME)
Location: Orange City, FL
The respiratory therapist will assist the practice physicians in performing respiratory services, specifically pulmonary function testing services, on designated scheduled days. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Inputting patient information into computer system.
- Performing pulmonary tests on scheduled patients.
- Printing results from test performed.
- Performing PFT on scheduled patients in 20 minute intervals
- Performing SHAPE test on scheduled patients in 10 - 15 minute intervals (if available).
- Maintaining testing room(s) and supplies.
- Completion of an Accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Certification from the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Current State of Florida Respiratory Therapist License
- BLS Certification.
- Two (2) years minimum clinical experience as a certified respiratory therapist.
- Experience in a pulmonary specialty medical office recommended.
- Must have advanced knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic computer skills required.
- EHR (Electronic Health Record) software experience recommended.
- Knowledge of use experience of medical office equipment: PFT, Spirometry and SHAPE system.
- Strong understanding of HIPAA and patient confidentiality
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) requested but not required.
- Must be capable of working efficiently under minimal supervision.
- Must have a strong interest in patient care.
- Anticipated begin date is Late September/ Early October 2015.