Posting ID : A1068528623
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Education Teaching
"Youth Development Professionals are responsible for providing daily programs, services and activities for Club members, which are consistent with the organization's youth development mission and goals. Youth development Professionals are primarily, but not exclusively, responsible for supervising a specific, single department in one of the core program areas. One of the greatest challenges for the Youth Development Professional is to develop positive, productive relationships with members."
Position Start Date: September 24 - Days follow the Albany School District Calendar
Hours: Dependent on Site - (2PM - 5:45 PM M-F) or (3PM - 6:45 PM M-F) Must be available M-F
1. Enable all young people, especially those that need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive caring, responsible citizens.
2. Establishes a program setting that insures the health and safety of members.
3. Plans programs and activities that meet the organization's youth development mission.
4. Personally involved in implementing and carrying out daily programs and activities in multiple core program areas.
5. Provides guidance services.
6. Manages necessary administrative functions and assigned resources.
7. Promotes and markets programs to members.
1. Personally involved in implementing and carrying out daily programs and activities in one or more core program areas using Youth Development Strategy adopted by the BGCA to enhance the potential for developing a sense of competence, belonging, usefulness and influence.
2. Position yourself in program area to continually monitor and supervise the safety and behavior of members. Ensures the program areas are safe, with evacuation and emergency procedures posted and first aid kits accessible.
3. Provide member guidance to help them fulfill and make appropriate choices about their educational, personal, physical, social, emotional, vocational and spiritual needs.
4. Ensure equipment is in good condition, with safety precautions posted (where needed) and members instructed in proper and safe use of equipment.
5. Manages necessary administrative functions and assigned resources. Equipment and supplies are ordered, maintained and stored to assure efficient functioning in the core program areas.
6. Promotes and markets programs to the member.
7. Treats all club members with respect.
8. Is prepared with a lesson plan for the day and also a back-up plan.
9. Engages all club members (this is not baby-sitting!) staff should be engaging children at all times.
10. Have fun and be enthusiastic.
1. Strong Verbal and Written communication; both to children, fellow staff and to parents.
2. Basic Computer Skills -- Email, Word processing and internet navigation
3. Maintain attendance and snack records.
4. Leadership Skills- Must be able to control a room and motivate youth
5. Personal conduct must be one of high moral standards; honest, trustworthy, compassionate, encouraging, hardworking, team player, self-motivated, puts children first above personal needs!
1. 2+ years working with youth ages 5-12
2. 18 years or older
3. High School Diploma or GED