Posting ID : A1068528137
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Customer Service
1. Analyzes and monitors monthly and annual contractual and bad debt estimates. Monitors changes in payer mix and reimbursement trends. Ensures proper estimation of third party settlement liabilities.
2. Ensures revenue and contractual system interfaces and general ledger accounts are reviewed and reconciled within the prescribed times, maintaining appropriate documentation.
3. Participates in chargemaster maintenance process, ensuring appropriate cost reporting classification of services and supplies.
4. Plans, organizes, compiles and files required documents for completion of Medicare, Medicaid and Champus and all other cost report filings ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and appropriateness of statistical base.
5. Coordinates intermediary audits, challenging resulting audit adjustments where appropriate.
6. Creates supporting schedules for revenue, receivables, contractual and bad debt in conjunction with the financial fiscal year end external audit.
7. Ensures accurate preparation and dissemination of daily and monthly census statistical snapshot reports. Investigates unexpected variances in data and suggests changes in flawed processes.
8. Prepares bad debt and contractual model estimates for annual operating budget.
9. Identifies revenue and reimbursement enhancement opportunities throughout the organization and recommends appropriate changes.
10. Performs other special projects, analysis and forecasts as requested by management.
JOB SPECIFIC ADDENDUM FOR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
A. Bachelors degree in accounting or finance.
B. Minimum three (3) years hospital reimbursement experience.
C. Minimum three (3) years cost report preparation.
D. CPA desirable.
A. Verbal ability is necessary to understand a variety of subjects relating to regulatory research, to communicate with hospital personnel, to prepare evaluation reports of data assembled and recommendations for revision or correction.
B. Numerical ability is necessary to prepare statistical reports of findings.
C. Analytical ability is necessary to assess and understand trends and make suggestions for improvement
A. A preference for activities to support effective analysis and evaluation of hospital revenue and reimbursement issues.
A. Helps to evaluate hospital revenue issues by assembling and analyzing data; make recommendations for correction and/or improvements. Devises methods for carrying out investigations.
B. Meets and deals with staff members and various hospital departments.
5. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
A. The work is light. Sits and walks throughout the day.
B. Handling office supplies and equipment up to 40 lbs.
C. Talking and hearing to converse with staff members and other employees and visitors.
D. Visual acuity to prepare and read reports.
E. Works inside.