Posting ID : A1068526094
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Admin Office
FRONT DESK/RECEPTION -- AD AGENCY
Position: Front Desk Assistant/Reception
Salary: $30,000 plus healthcare
Hours: 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Job Description -- see below
Operates multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls; directs callers to appropriate personnel by performing a wide range of duties; completes a variety of administrative duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries to appropriate personnel
* Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories
* Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitors badges
* Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel
* Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable
* Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information
* Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications
* Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes
* Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies
* Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
* Prepares and prints shipping labels weekly and organizes weekly packages to be sent to all site locations
* Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating
* Assists each department as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum of one years of work-related skills in relevant field
* Knowledge of computers and MS Office
* Must possess strong spelling, punctuation, grammar, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Professional appearance
* Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills
* Consistently arrives to work on time; Ensures responsibilities are covered when absent.
* Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
* Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
* Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Reads and comprehends simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; Writes simple correspondence.