Posting ID : A1068524234
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Web Html Info Design
Digital Producer (part-time)
The Naples Daily News is looking for a part-time Digital Producer who will help bring fresh content, technical know-how and social media savvy to the Naples Daily News. The Digital Producer will contribute to and will help package local news content across our Web and mobile digital platforms. This role will report to the Digital Managing Editor.
Ideal candidates will be news-oriented, energetic, curious and known troubleshooters.
The hours for this position may include nights and a weekend shift.
The primary processes expected in the role:
* Work with reporting staff and editors to plan, aggregate, write and distribute news and information content for our Web site and digital platforms.
* Optimize the user experience of our site and use SEO best practices frequently.
* Monitor live Web metrics (Google Analytics and Chartbeat) and adjust workflow as needed.
* Assist in online coverage of major news events, breaking news and severe weather to ensure high quality consistent community coverage online.
* Create and edit content (including video) to enhance online coverage for all platforms.
* Assist in the management of user-generated content on the sites.
* Monitor social media and help grow audience on our multiple social media platforms.
Education & Experience
* BS/BA in related discipline or comparable experience.
* Must have experience with Content Management Systems, simple HTML, simple video editing, simple photo editing.
* AP and SEO style
* Must have experience interacting with social networks on a professional level.
Skills & Abilities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Multitasks between several projects and as news develops.
* Knowledgeable about industry trends and being willing to experiment with them.
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
* Self-starter. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
* Eager to learn new skills.
To Apply for this position, please