Posting ID : A1068523207
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Musical Instruments By Owner
Allen & Heath "Spectrum" a/k/a "Saber 8" Recording Studio Mixing Console. Follows the traditional 'split' layout with 16 input channels and 16 independent monitor channels, 8 subgroups and a fully-featured master and monitoring section.
Listing includes Allen & Heath RPS-11 power supply (bought new 2013) for $400 and meter bridge. I have a 96pt TT patch bay for sale separately as well which is matched to the console.
While Allen & Heath is primarily known for sound reinforcement consoles, it also produced a few high-performance consoles for studio use commonly kown as the "Saber" series. For instance, Coldplay's debut album "Parachutes" was tracked and mixed on a Saber console. The console listed here, marketed in the United States as the "Spectrum" and in the United Kingdom as the "Saber 8" has the smallest footprint of the consoles in that series -- making it an excellent choice for a serious project studio or small commercial studio, both for tracking and mix-down of up to 32 channels simultaneously.
- 16 channels with 100mm Alps faders
- Mute switch with LED indicator and MIDI mute automation
- Channel EQ with switched HF, sweep mid-band, switched LF and switched high-pass filter
- Balanced mic, tape/track and line inputs with front panel switching
- Direct output per channel, switchable between channel or buss
- Insert send/return per channel
- Stereo cue and six mono aux mix sends
- PFL/Solo-in-place dual function check system
- Phantom power +48V DC individually switched per channel
- Input level indication by peak and signal presence LEDs
Master Facilities Summary:
- Balanced master stereo and mono outputs with 100mm L&R Alps faders
- Six aux send master outputs each with PFL and MIDI mute automation (2 balanced)
- Stereo outputs for two monitor speaker circuits
- Stereo outputs for two cue/foldback circuits with reverse talk-back input
- Four mono return inputs
- Two stereo tape monitor inputs
- Talkback to cue, main and group outputs
- Internal 1kHz oscillator
- MIDI mute automation keyboard and MIDI in, out and thru connections
- 8 subgroups with direct output and insert send/return per subgroup
- Group PFL check facility
- Duplicate outputs for convenient connection of AD-DA converters and/or multi-track recorders using standard cable sets
- Output level externally switched (+4 dBu or -10dBV)
- Fader reverse for monitor channels 1-8
- Group-to-mix switch
- 16 monitors for multi-track mixdown, each having
-- Mute with LED and MIDI mute automation
-- Group, track and line inputs
-- HF and LF EQ
-- Stereo cue and two mono auxiliary sends per monitor
-- PFL/Solo-in-place check system
W37.5"xL28.5"xD11.5" (including meter bridge), 90 lbs (including power supply).
LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY.