Posting ID : A1068522601
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Healthcare
MDS NURSE NEEDED - SKIES HEALTHCARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER
Genesis HealthCare owns 500 skilled nursing facilities in the US with 9 right here in the Albuquerque area. We are currently seeking a seasoned MDS Nurse at Skies Healthcare, a lovely 120-bed SNF currently rated FIVE STARS by Medicare! Must be a Nurse; RN preferred, LPNs considered. Must have previous experience as MDS coordinator, including assessments, RUGS, etc. MDS 3.0 certification preferred but not required.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Nurse-RN MDS Coordinator participates in the Resident Assessment Process through completion of the pertinent items on the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and the accompanying Care Area Assessments (CAAs). Participates in developing individualized resident Care Plans, identifying the needs of the resident and projected outcomes as required by Federal and State regulations.
1. Contributes to the center interdisciplinary RAI process while following RAI guidelines for completion, computer encoding and electronic transmission of the MDS.
2. Coordinates the completion of the resident assessment instrument: MDS, CATs and CAAs, in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the resident assessment.
3. Assists with developing resident(s) plan of care in conjunction with other IDT members.
4. Identifies changes in condition in conjunction with IDT and coordinates scheduling and completion of indicated assessments.
5. Participates in Center IDT meetings as directed by Administrator in line with Genesis meeting guidelines.
6. Assists with providing ADL training to new hires and with ongoing continuing education in conjunction with other pertinent nursing and facility management.
7. Attends/participates in educational programs to maintain knowledge with current RAI/PPS regulations.
8. Attends facility in-services and department/facility meetings as applicable.
9. Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to location/company safety standards for the healthcare professional.
10. Maintain resident confidentiality and privacy; treat residents with kindness, dignity and respect; know and comply with and ensure that all nursing services personnel know and comply with Resident's Rights rules;
11. Complies with all Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional as applicable to the position and in the business location or workplace.
12. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
13. Participates in orientation and training programs, as required.
14. Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance using the 4-Step Reporting Process.
15. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
16. Participates, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
17. Adheres to location protocols and department/company policy and procedures.
18. Adheres to established HIPAA confidentiality standards of patient/resident and client location information.
19. Maintains on-site regular attendance as scheduled.
20. Performs all other tasks or duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be a Registered Nurse in good standing and currently licensed by the State;
2. Must show ability to read and write in a legible and understandable manner;
3. Must speak and understand English;
4. Previous experience in a hospital, long-term facility, or other healthcare related facility;
5. Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative and restorative nursing and medical practices and procedures and laws, regulations and guidelines governing long-term care;
6. Positive attitude toward the elderly.
7. Computer skills- Windows applications; computer experience; AccuMed experience preferred.
8. Previous experience as an MDS Coordinator is preferred.
9. Previous experience in completing MDS's and Care Plans is required.
Interested candidates may apply online at www.genesiscareers.jobs or email a resume directly to Rachel Rowley, Nursing Recruiter, via this email relay, or you may fax a resume to (PLEASE be certain to indicate which position and which Genesis HealthCare facility you're interested in).
EEO/AA, M/F, Vet, Disabled