Posting ID : A1068522588
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Healthcare
DIRECTOR OF STAFF DEVELOPMENT / DSD / NURSE PRACTICE EDUCATOR / NPE NEEDED AT BELEN MEADOWS
This position requires an RN with a minimum of 3 years experience in long term care, including supervisory or managerial experience. Experience teaching adult learners preferred.
Belen Meadows is located in rural Valencia County south of Albuquerque, NM. We are the only skilled and long term care facility within a 40-50 mile radius. We offer a full range of therapy services including physical, occupational and speech therapies. We pride ourselves on quality care delivered in a small, home town type setting. Belen Meadows employees an energetic team ready and willing to assist our Residents in achieving their personal, healthcare goals with dignity and comfort.
We are seeking a DYNAMIC Nursing Practice Educator who will act as the lead for the co-ordination and management of all educational activities in the Center. Additionally, the primary focus of the Nursing Practice Educator is to assist and support the translation of the Genesis nursing philosophy into practice by leading the planning, implementation and evaluation of education to enhance the knowledge and skills of caregivers. He or she will provide expertise in clinical nursing skills and knowledge application. The Nursing Practice Educator acts as a clinical expert for nursing staff and provides education and mentoring in the development of clinical skills and capabilities. He or she will facilitate the enhancement of nursing skills needed for care delivery involving common gerontological conditions and disease management issues. The Nursing Practice Educator assesses the clinical education needs of the staff and plans, develops, implements and evaluates educational programs to meet those needs.
1. Provides nursing staff with clinical and educational support and guidance for the implementation of the Genesis Care Delivery Processes.
2. Manage/coordinate all educational activities in the Center.
3. Collaborate with Clinical Management Team to identify specific clinical educational needs.
4. Rounds on units to:
Review clinical issues and monitor /observe to identify care delivery /clinical skills educational needs
Assist nurses in identifying change in resident condition and implementing appropriate follow through.
Identify clinical educational needs of nursing staff.
Provide education through demonstration and return demonstration for specific skills/procedures.
5. Participate in Change in Status, Center Based Quality Improvement, and Customer at Risk meetings, as needed, to further identify educational needs.
6. Utilizes the Facility Quality Indicator Profile, Clinical Outcomes Report and the Infection Control Report to identify areas of educational need.
7. Develops in-service programs in response to clinical needs and teaches staff according to current accepted standards of care and GHCC policy.
8. Co-ordinates the completion of mandatory in-service education according to State and Federal regulation, as well as GHCC policy.
9. Supervises the maintenance of in-service educational records.
10. Collaborates with regional, corporate and center resources to meet the clinical education needs of the nursing staff.
11. Plans, develops and directs the orientation and mentoring program for all nursing employees.
12. Participates as a resource in performance evaluation of nursing personnel.
13. Oversees and coordinates the process and education for all clinical practice programs (e.g pressure ulcer prevention etc)and facilitates the connection with appropriate Area and corporate clinical resources.(e.g. Wound Specialists).
14. Co-ordinates the function for CNA certification training classes.
15. Puts Customer Service first: Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
16. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current RN licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
2. A minimum of 3 years full-time or equivalent clinical experience is required. One or two years of clinical experience in long-term care nursing with one year as an educator is preferred.
3. Excellence in clinical nursing skills is required. Experience in Gerontology preferred.
4. Experience in a clinical specialist role beneficial.
5. Training and/or experience in teaching adult learners preferred.
Interested candidates may apply online at www.genesiscareers.jobs or email a resume directly to Rachel Rowley, Nursing Recruiter, via this email relay, or you may fax a resume to
EEO/AA, M/F, Vet, Disabled