Posting ID : A1068522158
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : General Labor
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the condition and general maintenance of the facility. The Maintenance Technician usually works a regularly scheduled shift but must be available to work at any time as needed. The Maintenance Technician must be able to return to work in the evenings and weekends to correct maintenance concerns/issues. The Maintenance Technician should possess strong communication skills and demonstrate general maintenance abilities and knowledge
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Ensures the smooth and efficient overall day-to-day operations of the maintenance department
* Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment, guestrooms, and public areas. Meets or exceeds ten preventative maintenance inspections which are required each week
* Performs routine maintenance on all equipment on all equipment, guestrooms, and public area.
* Daily performs as needed maintenance on all equipment, guestrooms, and public areas using the standard operating procedures
* Ensures in the winter that all snow and ice is removed from all sidewalks and walking areas. This will require in the winter arriving to the hotel early after snow/ice storms and coming in during periods of heavy snow or ice
* Performs cleanup activities including removing all trash from the inside and outside of the building.
* Follows a daily checklist completing all duties which is turned into the General Manager Daily.
* Responsible for maintaining inventory and Par levels for all supplies, tools, and necessary items.
* Responsible for ordering tools and resources to complete maintenance activities with approval of the hotel General Manager.
* Required to maintain the pool and spa including managing the chemicals and the cleanliness of the pool, and pool area.
* Provide excellent customer service per the standards of the hotel, and assist in situations to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Ensure guest requests, inquiries and concerns are addressed and completed in a timely manner.
* Ensure guest requests are met or exceeded.
* Working with all hotel departments to ensure we meet or exceed guest expectations.
* Acting as a liaison with the front desk, and housekeeping teams to ensure clear communication.
* Ensure department adherence to company policies, procedures, and standards to ensure that guest's expectations are exceeded.
* Coordinate hotel emergency procedures within the scope of defined plans.
* Provide assistance in setting up, maintaining, tearing down, and cleaning of the meeting room.
* Responsible for driving guests in the hotel shuttle when needed.
* Responsible for completing the maintenance duties in the GM Success Binder.
* Responsible for additional duties assigned by the General Manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly, and multitasking
Working knowledge of the maintenance component of the Property Management System
Advanced knowledge of maintenance process and procedures.
Ability to maintain a budget
Proven excellence in customer service.
Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
Demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills.
Neat, professional, and well-groomed at all times.
Be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication, and attention to detail.
Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to be on call when needed
Education and Formal Training:
High school diploma or GED required.
A minimum of 1 year of general maintenance experience
Must have a working cell phone to receive calls from the hotel and/or manager when maintenance needs arise
Must have the ability to get to and from the hotel for both scheduled shifts and when needed for maintenance issues
Material and Equipment Used:
Office equipment: copier, computer/keyboard, telephone, and fax. Housekeeping cart, laundry equipment, vacuum, carpet cleaner, snow blower, hotel shuttle* and mop with bucket.
*Must have a valid driver's license and be able to lift luggage ranging up to 50lbs into and out of the shuttle van.