Posting ID : A1068519000
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Education Teaching
The Southtowns Family YMCA is looking for School Age Child Care Aides for the Lakeshore School District (Highland and JT Waugh Elementary Schools). Morning shifts (6:30-9:00am) and afternoon shifts (3:00-6:00pm) are available. YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Facilitates the lesson plan to children in a creative and stimulating environment.
1. Facilitates the daily/weekly lesson plan as directed by the SACC Site Coordinator.
2. Provides direct leadership to the assigned group unless relieved properly by an appropriate staff person. Maintains constant visual contact with all assigned students.
3. Maintains a safe and clean program area which complies with all standards and regulations set by the YMCA, school administration, and OCFS.
4. Develops and maintains a positive relationship with participants, parents, school personnel, and YMCA staff.
5. Assists in the distribution and collection of program surveys ensuring a 50% return rate and a 90% satisfaction rate.
6. Attends all required training sessions and staff meetings.
7. Carries out other tasks as assigned.
1. Must be at least 16 years old. Must have valid NYS Working papers if under 18 years of age.
2. Must have experience in working with elementary school age children.
3. Knowledge, experience and skills in the areas of group work, child development, values, education and group activities are preferred.
4. Must complete and submit the following items prior to employment to meet NYS OCFS licensing requirements:
NYS Medical Statement (DSS4434) completed by a physician (Tuberculosis testing is mandatory.)
State Central Registry (SCR) Form
Undergo fingerprint process to conduct criminal history record check
SEL Check form