Posting ID : A1068518897
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Education Teaching
San Diego College has an exciting new opportunity for an on-ground Medical Billing and Coding Instructor. This position is responsible for delivering educational material for an academic program of study to students in the classroom.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Teaches college-level courses.
2. Prepares standardized course syllabus, outline and daily lesson plans and submits them to the Director of Education.
3. Provides and reviews the course syllabus and outline with students on the first day of class. Maintains and ensures consistency between the course objectives and the daily lesson plans. Provides and discusses syllabus modifications with students throughout the term.
4. Update and maintain current and accurate course information, including the course syllabus, for the faculty resource center
5. Continuous maintenance of the grades, course assignments, activities, and other relevant course content. Maintains accurate records of attendance, grades, progress of students, and reports the same in a timely manner to manager.
6. Prepares and administers examinations, student projects, and other teaching aids needed to fulfill objectives of program.
7. Maintains clean, effective, and professional learning environment.
8. Attends all scheduled in-service activities, program advisory meetings, campus staff and faculty meetings.
9. Ensures classroom management and enforcement of school regulations and student code of conduct.
10. Participates in graduation ceremonies and other school events as required.
11. Completes administrative duties and other projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND:
This position requires an Associate Degree and 3-5 years of medical Billing and Coding experience.
ICD 9 and 10 experience Required
Teaching background preferred.
Coding Certifications preferred.
The position requires personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Excellent spelling and grammar skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, professional, tactful and concise manner, is essential.
Medical Billing and Coding experience: 3 years minimum