Posting ID : A1068517509
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Retail Wholesale
We are looking for serious candidates for the long-term, over the age of 18, someone who is willing learn and grow within our young but growing 4-year old Beach Shop in Atlantic Beach, NC, and eventually have a shot in 2 to 3 years to become a manager + partner etc, depends on experience.
This isn't a white collar, 401K type job; this is a job where you are willing to work hard, and have a chance to one day be in business with us or for yourself.
REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
Because for the right candidate, this will be a position of serious responsibility, the right person must be willing to:
1) Be willing to allow a criminal background check,
2) Be able to submit and pass a drug test,
3) Be willing to learn over the long-term everything from retailing basics to advanced strategies,
4) Have a TRUE open scheduling and flexible availability; be available at short notice,
5) Have an excellent attendance record; we can't stress this enough.
6) Be tough and responsible; know that work isn't like school where having a cold, wearing an ankle
brace, or having a flat tire is an excuse to miss work.
7) Have a passion for working, whether it is with people, or a big load of inventory,
8) Not be shy; be able to approach people, and convince them to buy an item.
9) Understand that good things come to those who are willing to work hard, and that anything great achieved in life is never great if it is easy to achieve,
10) Realize that work deserves first priority, as its results provide for everything else.
Pay Depends on real retail experience, the more you know of the following list, the more you can start at. We will teach everything to the right candidate.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW ANY OF THE FOLLOWING, but it is a plus if you know:
1) A myriad of retail selling tactics,
2) How to engrave leather bracelets, and apply and draw a Henna Tattoos,
3) Be able to efficiently use: Facebook, Google Maps, E-mail, Word Processing, Photoshop, label makers, program registers, use software to create schedules, be able to due basic maintenance on air compressors, heat press machines, copy machines, engravers.
4) Know how to use a heat transfer machine for all different kinds of presses and clothing.
5) Know how to put a skateboard/longboard together
6) Know about body jewelry
7) Know how to manage customer complaints and employee situations
8) Know how to manage a stock room, employees, etc.
9) Know various labor laws, and various business related laws.
10) Have experience in processing inventory, organizing inventory, pricing inventory, marketing inventory.
Reply with the following:
2) Best way to reach you,
3) Why you are right for this job (elaborate please),
4) Any questions you may have (optional).
THANK YOU & GOOD LUCK!!!