Posting ID : A1068516925
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Healthcare
Busy primary care office is seeking a full time medical assistant. Applicant must be a team player, strong work ethic, and outstanding communication skills. Must be able to multi-task and maintain professionalism. This position includes both back and front office duties.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Prepare patients for exam and assist providers with exams and procedures.
* Obtain and record vital signs, perform EKGs and spirometry tests.
* Organize and prepare exam room, lab and work areas.
* Collect lab specimens and inventory medical supplies.
* Gives injections and perform blood draws upon physician orders.
* Complete prior authorizations and paperwork/documents for patients
* Answering phones and scheduling tests and referrals.
* Assist with patient check in and check out duties
The ideal candidate will have completed a Medical Assisting diploma or degree program, will have been employed in a private medical practice for at least 12 months, will be comfortable with EMR systems, will understand medical insurance (copays, coinsurance, deductibles, etc.), and will present a calm and pleasant personality over the phone and in person.
Experience with EClinicalWorks is preffered.
-Office Hours: Monday- Thursday from 830-430pm and Friday 830-12pm
-Salary is negotiable based on experience, no benefits offered at this time (may be an option in the future)
-Potential to start immediately upon hire
***Please submit your resume with salary requirements and references. ***