Posting ID : A1068516076
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Food Beverage Hospitality
We are a young company that both operates college/university cafeterias and caters to the general public. We are currently hiring for our team that operates the cafeteria at a four-year college in the Santee area, where we serve three meals a day M-F and brunch and dinner on both Saturday and Sunday. Please understand this is a fast-paced, buffet-style environment. Our #1 value is treat others as you want to be treated, so if you apply, you're agreeing to be held accountable to this standard if you are hired. If you love people, please find the instructions for how to apply at the bottom of this email.
Qualified Line Cook Candidates must possess the following:
1. At least one full year of experience
2. Food handler's permit
3. An solution-based approach to problems
1. Comply with Standards of Service and assist in assuring the same from all kitchen employees.
2. Assist in managing day-to-day operations of the kitchen, coordinating food production schedules and ensuring the highest level of food quality, taste and presentation.
3. Comply with California Labor Law, along with any and all of Philoxenia's policies and procedures
4. Participate in actual food preparation and produce food of consistently high quality, taste and presentation with the ability to expedite this process during peak meal periods as needed.
5. Control food cost by assisting in training the kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling in addition to training the kitchen and stewarding employees on how to handle leftover food items.
6. Ensure that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
7. Must love and enjoy working with food
8. In conjunction with the Executive Chef & lead cook(s), establish goals for the kitchen, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen, anticipate trends and implement approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
9. Establish and require strict adherence to health department and company sanitation and food handling guidelines
10. In conjunction with the Executive Chef and lead cook(s), develop menus while creating and ensuring adherence to recipes and product specifications.
11. Must maintain effective communication with the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems
12. Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
Please include your resume and answers to the following questions, which can be typed in the body of the email or sent as an attachment:
1. If you could be any Superhero, who would you be and why?
2. If you were told to cook/prepare someone's last meal on this earth, what meal would you choose to prepare and why?
3. What is your biggest strength in the kitchen, and what is your biggest weakness?
4. What is your biggest personality strength, and what is your biggest weakness?
5. How have you recently grown personally, and what do you believe caused the growth?
6. If you were in a bank with 50 other people during a robbery, would you consider yourself lucky or unlucky if only one shot was fired and it happen to hit you in the arm? Why?
7. Have you ever had a poor boss? If so, what made them a poor supervisor and what, if anything, did you do about it?