Posting ID : A1068515411
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Nonprofit
UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC
DIRECTOR FOR FOUNDATION AND CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT
Stockton/Sacramento/San Francisco, CaliforniaFor other development listings in Northern California, please visit .ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEWUniversity of the Pacific (Pacific) is a nationally ranked university with three distinct campuses. The Stockton campus is home to seven schools and colleges,with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco.Undergraduates make up more than half of the total University student population, with 3,810 undergraduates enrolled for the 2014-2015 academic year. Pacific students benefit from an average class size of 19 and student-faculty ratio of 14:1. While 93 percent of Pacific students come from California, 22 other states and 30 foreign countries are also represented.For more information about Pacific, please visit .POSITION OVERVIEW Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporations, corporate foundations, and private foundations to advance Pacific's mission and goals.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPSReporting to the Assistant Vice President for Corporate, Foundation, and Principal Gifts, supervise and mentor a small development staff.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Implement and manage a comprehensive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing foundation and corporate relationships.
* Direct and coordinate activities related to obtaining foundation and corporate support.
* Work closely with University administrators, faculty, and other development personnel to build awareness and expand positive fundraising relationships with foundation and corporate constituencies.
* Identify key alumni within foundations/corporations and review corporate profiles that suggest potential relationships because of common interests.
* Evaluate potential funding prospects and initiate grant requests and inquiries to existing and potential foundation and corporate supporters on behalf of the University.
* Advise other university personnel on foundation and corporate areas of interest, in the cultivation of foundations and corporations, and in the development and presentation of proposals.
* Manage assigned foundation and corporate prospects across the University's three campuses.
* Assist with major projects targeted for foundation and corporate support. Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage proposal submissions.
* Develop and annually update strategic short-, mid-, and long-range plans for fundraising.
* Maintain a high quality stewardship process for active foundation and corporate prospects and donors.
* Visit and develop relationships with foundation and corporate directors, presidents, and trustees and arrange for foundation and corporate administrators to visit the campus.
* Supervise the daily operations, including budget, and department staff.
* Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.QUALIFICATIONS
* Education and/or Experience:
* Five+ years progressively responsible work experience with foundation and/or corporate fundraising
* Knowledge of fundraising techniques
* Bachelor's degree* Communication & Reasoning:
* Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of foundation and corporate fundraising techniques
* Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing for a wide variety of situations
* Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals
* Excellent management. organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with both groups and individuals
* Demonstrated ability to manage a number of diverse projects and to complete them on time with limited supervision
* Ability to develop and monitor budgets and schedules
* Outstanding verbal communication skills; excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
* Strong commitment to ethical practices * Computer Skills & Technical Skills:
* Strong proficiency with personal computers and computer software programs
* Proven ability to use MS Office Suite, e-mail, calendaring systems, and prospect database programs* Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week.
The preferred location is Stockton, but Pacific would consider a work site at the San Francisco or Sacramento locations.
* Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends during peak periods and special occasions
* Valid driver's license and a safe driving record including the ability to meet the University's fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business(The University's insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.)* Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Some lifting of materials (25 lbs or less)
* Bending, stretching, and reaching
* Sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone for long periods of timeCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pacific offers a competitive salary and benefits package.TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume to . We will respond to all applications.
All offers will be contingent on satisfactory background and reference checks.
The University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.