Posting ID : A1068515353
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Nonprofit
POSITION TITLE: Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS/PAY: Non-exempt Regular Part Time (15-20 hrs/wk)
PURPOSE The Case Manager is responsible for assisting homeless women with housing, job and health stability. Maintain monthly records,
resident files, and accurate reports on achievement of planned outcomes.
1. Provide residents of Hospitality House with case management and housing search services.
2. Conduct phone screening potential clients.
3. Identify and client barriers and provide off site resources and referrals.
4. Lead group meetings and training related to housing stability and/ or chemical dependency.
5. File and maintain documents in client files as directed by the Executive Director.
6. Maintain a communication log of daily shelter activity.
7. Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Associate's degree in human services field, and 2 years professional experience in employer and/or vocational training field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Proven ability to provide quality housing support services to clients.
Excellent organizational, outreach and recruitment skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Demonstrated computer skills including knowledge of Excel, word processing and email programs.
Knowledge of local housing market, employment and training services, and the welfare system.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Demonstrated commitment to homeless women.
Must have own transportation, a valid Washington state driver's license, and proof of insurance.
Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (weekend and evening hours when necessary).
1-2 years case management experience.
Knowledge of access or other database system
Daytime work hours 8am - 2pm Monday through Thursday
Sick leave available after 30 days employment
employer paid training and professional development
Paid sick leave and holidays
Valid driver's license, auto insurance and bond-able
Able to pick up 45 pounds
If you would like to join us, please submit:
a) A cover letter,
b) your resume and
c) in no more than two pages please answer the following questions:
1. What populations (particularly disenfranchised) have you worked with?
2. What do you think your best skills are?
3. In the past year, how many days work have you missed?
4. What are your office and computer skills?
5. Describe your familiarity with local community organizations.
6. What is your Salary history and expectations? When would you be able to start?
7. Do you have reliable transportation?
8. Do you speak any language beside English?
9. Have you ever been convicted of a crime? Describe
Please submit ALL of the items mentioned above by August 25, 2015 for consideration. If ALL items are not submitted, you will not be considered for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We invite you to go and view our website at www.hospitalityhousesouthking.org.