Posting ID : A1068514384
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Skilled Trades Artisan
Job Title: Groundskeeper/Maintenance Tech
Reports To: Property Manager/Maintenance Supervisor
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This person is responsible for the general day-to-day upkeep of the property. He/She works as a team participant along with the maintenance staff to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Groundskeeper/Maintenance Tech is to perform general trash duties and maintenance to effectively maintain a desirable property appearance. After receiving appropriate training, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to; plumbing, electrical repairs, carpentry, appliance repairs, glass replacement, screen repair and replacement, carpet cleaning and painting.
The Groundskeeper/Maintenance Tech must cooperate with all departments in completing all tasks assigned.
The Groundskeeper/Maintenance Tech is responsible for the following:
1. Clean and maintain property grounds daily. Remove trash and debris from all common areas.
2. Clean and maintain barbeque grills, if applicable.
3. Clean and maintain pools and spas, including chemical testing and furniture cleanliness.
4. Clean and maintain mail room area and laundry rooms, if applicable.
5. Assist in maintaining the work place and maintenance shop by keeping areas clean and supplies/tools organized.
6. Assist in turning vacant apartments including, but not limited to; painting, locks, light bulbs, garbage disposal, drawers, doors, smoke detectors, blinds, windows, drains, faucets and toilets.
7. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
8. Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned.
9. Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
The company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor to limit the company's right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
The Groundskeeper/Maintenance Tech must possess skills relating to grounds maintenance and pool maintenance job functions.
Valid drivers' license, good driving record along with current auto insurance may be required. It may be required to be certified to use pool chemicals.
Working inside and outside, in all types of weather. Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment. Medium to heavy work, requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs. Good hand and eye coordination essential, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders and stairs, and perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequences.