Posting ID : A1068513784
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Education Teaching
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for increasing enrollment of qualified undergraduate (traditional and non-traditional students) students by meeting monthly and yearly admission and enrollment goals for Alaska Pacific University (APU). This position assists with the development of a yearly recruiting plan within assigned cohorts and territories. The Admissions Counselor will work closely with prospective students and their parents, Faculty, Staff, and Administration personnel.
1. Identify and recruit potential new students by providing targeted, timely information and initiating follow up contact through utilization of established communication plans and office staff.
2. Clearly explain departmental policies and procedures concerning admissions to the University for prospective students and their support networks.
3. Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of all undergraduate programs offered by the University, as well as a working knowledge of graduate-level programs and opportunities for continuing education. Effectively use said knowledge to assist prospective students in identifying appropriate academic programs and career pathways.
4. Provide prospective students with information about the community, the state, the Anchorage area, and the University in general.
5. Ability and willingness to learn and utilize APU's student information database (CAMS).
6. Perform preliminary and final evaluations of student admission applications and assist students with completion of application process.
7. Monitor and maintain student admission application files and conduct regular follow up with applicants via phone, email, and/or in person.
8. Arrange, participate and travel to recruitment events regularly in the Lower 48 and Alaska to represent the University at college fairs, community events, high schools, community or junior colleges, and determine alternative venues for nontraditional students.
9. Make presentations about the University and its programs to appropriate groups and organizations in a professional, consistent, and knowledgeable manner.
10. Actively identify and participate in strategic planning for undergraduate territory, including identification of potential markets, analysis of past recruiting efforts, and the development of new recruiting strategies in coordination with the Assistant Director -- Admissions Outreach.
11. Serve as a liaison between the Registrar's Office, Residential Life, Student Financial Services, faculty, and prospective students and their parents to coordinate and expedite the process of admission and matriculation.
12. Perform other Admissions duties, including coverage of other personnel across the Admission's office, and serve on relative committees and task forces as necessary.
13. Ensure that NACAC professional and ethical standards are maintained throughout the admissions and recruiting processes.
14. Cross train with other counselors to promote continuity of service and coverage of all degree programs.
15. Accept and execute special projects as assigned by Director of Enrollment Management and Assistant Director -- Admissions Outreach.
16. Maintain a professional appearance while in the office, at events, or within the community as a representative of the University. Considerations to include manner of dress, presentation of materials, and overall demeanor.
17. Successfully meet or exceed assigned goals for applications, admissions, and matriculation.
18. Submit regular activity reports to the Assistant Director as required.
Essential Education and Work Experience:
1.A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
2.Ability to travel independently.
3.Current and valid Alaska driver's license.
4.Effective interpersonal skills, especially in working with a diverse constituency with varying needs.
5.Ability to communicate effectively with potential students and their families, faculty, administration, and other staff.
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
1.Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and e-mail.
2.Knowledge of admissions roles and processes at four year colleges
3.Knowledge of sales/marketing strategies and practices
4.Knowledge of student information systems and their operation
Alaska Pacific University offers a competitive benefits program provides employees with the opportunity to stay fit, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
Our benefits package includes:
Health & Dental insurance
Life & Accident insurance
Long Term Disability insurance
Retirement Savings Plan (403-B)
Paid vacations and holidays
Onsite fitness center/fitness discounts
Transportation (Free Bus Pass)
Alaska Pacific University is an EEO/ADA Employer
Apply online at http://www.alaskapacific.edu/history/career-services/