Posting ID : A1068513722
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Healthcare
The overall smooth and complete operation of all accounts receivable functions for the entire practice.
* Posts all medical and optical charges.
* Processes and files electrically or paper, all claims (primary/secondary/tertiary) with appropriate insurance and/or other companies.
* Generates and sends all patient statements.
* Assists in coding all claims ICD9, ICD 10 and CPT.
* Posts payments to appropriate accounts for all reimbursements to the practice. Posts adjustments and write-offs, contractual and noncontractual, in conjunction with established credit and collection policies.
* Handles all follow up of all accounts on a regular basis either through review of denied claims or monthly working of the AR. Handles all account reviews.
* Generates necessary documentation to issue refunds on any practice account. Posts refunds to the system after checks have been issued. Mails all refund checks to appropriate patients/companies.
* Maintains all insurance files for claims, EOBs and other billing correspondence.
* Assists with annual fee schedule changes.
* Assists with annual coding updates.
* Assists with training and on-going education of front office staff to billing issues.
* Is available to take on any other practice duties as assigned by the physicians or Practice Administrator.
Graduation from a recognized program for billing. Education may be substituted for experience. If experience is substituted, the second job requirement becomes mandatory.
One or more years of current medical billing experience, preferably in Ophthalmology.