Posting ID : A1068510271
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Food Beverage Hospitality
Please visit and apply Online on our job site: http://sodexo.balancetrak.com/201509542
At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations.
Sodexo, the nation's largest food service Company, designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve. Sodexo's goal is to drive greater satisfaction. Meeting our global responsibilities and the needs of our communities and our world is a part of who we are. Diversity and inclusion, sustainability, wellness, and fighting hunger are fundamental to Sodexo's commitment to making every day a better day for us all.
Currently we are seeking for a full-time Sous Chef at the Lehigh Valley Hospital - Cedar Crest.
This individual will be tasked with monitoring the day-to day operations of the culinary Retail department in accordance with the short and long term goals of our Company. Assist with creating, implementing and maintain standards of the highest quality, resulting in the consistently fun, interesting, unique, interactive and positive patient and customer experience. In addition, perform varies culinary tasks in the kitchen while at the same time provide excellent leadership, hand-on support and guidance to the culinary team such as plan, prep, set up and provide quality in all areas of food production for Cafeteria and specials in designated outlets in accordance with standards and plating guidelines specification. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible shift including weekends and Holidays
- 3-5 years of culinary Management/Supervisory experience
- Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship
- Extensive, thorough and in-depth knowledge of varies cuisines
- Must have an exceptional personal presence and an extremely polished professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communications skills
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements techniques
- Produce creative and artistic food work
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas
Honored for multiple years ranked number one for best company for diversity and ranked number one for best Company for hourly workers , we offer competitive wages and excellent benefits, including
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Paid life insurance
401(k) with employer match