Posting ID : A1068509849
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Food Beverage Hospitality
*Please note this job is located in Kilauea, Kauai and is open to local or in-state candidates willing to relocate.
Come join our fun ohana at Kauai Mini Golf at Anaina Hou Community Park!
Anaina Hou Community Park (AHCP) is a growing non-profit organization located near the heart of Kilauea on the north shore of Kauai. AHCP was established in 2010 to provide the Kauai community with an exciting new gathering place focused on education, recreation and agriculture. Attracting more than 50,000 families a year, AHCP features Kauai Miniature Golf and Botanical Gardens (KMG), a cafe and gift shop, an amazing trail for hikers and mountain bikers, playground and skate ramps for children, a Kauai Bus park and ride, and two weekly farmers' markets. It will soon feature a state of the art performing arts complex, including a 250-seat indoor theater, conference rooms, and outdoor event space.
Stop by or email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "General Manager"
This position will report to the Executive Director
As the General Manager of Kauai Mini Golf you will:
Oversee the daily operation and management of Kauai Miniature Golf and Botanical Gardens, Namahana Cafe and Gift Store, and Kauai Mountain Bikes to ensure it meets profitability and strategic objectives. Supervise, manage, train and develop personnel in all areas and functions required to run KMG efficiently. Effectively manage sales, inventory, facilities, and customer service to optimize and sustain performance, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
Kauai Miniature Golf has established a reputation for outstanding customer service and friendliness. It is the responsibility of all KMG employees to contribute to this positive reputation.
- Sets and prioritizes the monthly store business goals with the Operations Manager and leads the sales associates to achieve them. Prepare various sales and operational reports as required.
- Manages staff and scheduling to ensure sales goals are maximized and payroll is within budget. Manages labor effectively to maximize productivity and achieve daily/monthly goals.
- Oversee interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for keeping store inventory at proper merchandising levels and communicating changes, needs, or suggestions when necessary.
- Ensure that the kitchen meets all health requirements and is health inspection ready at all times.
- Ensure Kauai Mini Golf meets standards for cleanliness, maintenance, safety, and security. Manage maintenance of premises and grounds.
- 7+ years' Management experience, preferably in a high-volume specialty store environment. E-commerce and order fulfillment experience desirable.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with staff, vendors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Must be detail oriented and resourceful with excellent follow through skills.
- Highly organized with a keen ability to manage competing priorities.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Window 8, Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft Office Products
- Physical Demands: Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, including effectively maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, and climbing.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as operational need may require.
This is a full time position with a benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Competitive nonprofit salary, based on experience.