Posting ID : A1068506152
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Manufacturing
Kelly Services has an immediate opening for a mechanical maintenance technician. The maintenance technician is a direct hire opportunity. The maintenance technician is a full time opportunity in Little Chute. The job description is as follows:
This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and responding to facility and manufacturing equipment maintenance & repair. Our facility is expanding, which provides the opportunity to be involved in new line and/or new product start-ups and development of maintenance department process and procedure development.
* Complete maintenance on all production lines, which includes coffee roasting equipment, conveyers, forklifts, and high speed packaging line equipment to minimize downtime.
* Assist in the scheduling and responsible for performing preventative maintenance on all equipment.
* Ability to communicate with PLCs, robots, and other processors.
* Involved in new line start-ups, new product or packaging testing process, and installations.
* Partner with production line operators to meet production schedules, including troubleshooting. and identification of root cause issues and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
* Demonstrate a leadership position within the company to assist and teach operators basic preventative maintenance procedures and adjustments to settings to improve efficiency.
* Assist production line team during equipment tear down, sanitation and reassembly process to ensure proper execution of procedures and minimization of downtime or changeover process time.
* Identify process improvements resulting in cost savings, efficiency improvements, and quality or safety improvements.
* Communicate and coordinate with outside vendors as needed.
* Responsible for facility maintenance and ensuring safe work conditions.
* Assist other areas of production or equipment operators as needed.
* Maintain proper documentation and record keeping, including data entry in computer system.
* Removing, issuing, or notifying the need spare parts.
* Associates Degree in a related field is highly preferred, high school diploma or GED required. Related technical training or education is strongly preferred.
* Food processing or packaging industry experience strongly preferred.
* Understanding of food safety, workplace safety, and food quality standards is strongly preferred.
* Previous maintenance technician or maintenance mechanic experience, preferably in a food or similar manufacturing environment.
* Electrical, automation and controls maintenance and PLC experience preferred
* Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and experience using an ERP system.
Email your resume for immediate consideration-