Posting ID : A1068504400
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Sales
We are a growing company looking for a Estimator/Salesperson for our Construction Clean-Up business unit. We are willing to train a candidate who can demonstrate an ability to read basic blueprints and has experience working in a construction environment (residential or commercial). We will also consider new college graduates that demonstrate intermediate to advanced Excel skills and have a business or economics background.
Prepare project bid proposals based on bid documents, plans and specs, and/or project job walks. In order prepare bids, attend job walks and/or review job blueprints, coordinate bid submittal, and follow-up with customers. Working with the Construction Clean Up Operations Manager and Field Supervisors, ensure that projects are running smoothly from both a customer account management perspective as well as a budget estimate perspective. Work with and report directly to Company VP of Sales to understand bidding goals and strategy and learn bidding techniques based on job type.
Develop new business by canvassing jobsites and web research. Use CRM software to manage all sales/estimate activity and customer contacts.
Respond to all bid requests;
Clearly understand project requirements/specifications through direct contact with general contractor project managers, superintendents, and/or project estimators; attend job walks, or walk jobsites as required;
Generate bid price(s) and proposals;
Submit bids to customers;
Follow-up with customers regarding bid award status;
Transition large jobs to Operations;
Follow and review large job progress with Operations to ensure budget and customer services goals are being met;
If necessary, work with field supervisors to find alternative ways to met budget estimate goals;
Meet with customers to manage large project accounts;
Develop relationships with key customer project managers to enhance bidding opportunities;
Manage leads, pipeline, and all CRM in Salesforce
1. Valid California Driver's License & Reliable Transportation is required.
2. Associate Degree or Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or Construction Management, or a minimum of 2 years experience working in construction field either for a general contractor or a subcontractor; or a combination of Education, Training and Experience.
3. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
4. Ability to read blueprints and review bid requirements/scope documents.
5. Must demonstrate deadline awareness, leadership initiative and interpersonal skills, and work independently