Posting ID : A1068501935
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Transportation
Doss Logistics is hiring Class A Local Truck Drivers -- Flatbed- FT- Year Round
Drivers will maintain the highest possible professional standards in customer service to all of our clients. Drivers may use a forklift to load freight in our terminals before or after trip. Tarping and straps are required on all ends and driver will chain as needed to ensure proper and safe transportation of freight.
Day Position, M-F, start and end shift in Fresno, CA. Local LTL deliveries to service area. Newer equipment. No-touch freight. Flatbeds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport material and supplies to and from businesses and jobsites in a timely manner.
- Collect papers for delivery to customers on route.
- Check dispatch frequently.
- Drivers will maintain the highest possible professional standards in customer service to all our clients.
- Drivers may use a forklift to load freight in our terminals before and/or after trip.
- Transport material and supplies to predetermined locations in order to exchange loads, paperwork &
- Keep paperwork and cargo supply organized in order to facilitate a smooth workflow.
- Responsible for occasional route coverage or vehicle change due to sickness or absence of other drivers.
- Load, secure, inspect and fuel before and as necessary during the course of your shift.
- Immediately report any problems during route to immediate supervisor.
- Keep assigned Truck and work area at Terminal organized and clean for safety and efficiency.
- Tarp, Strap and Chain (when required) all loads to Federal Cargo Requirements.
Skill & Qualifications:
- Valid Class A Driver License with good driving record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for communication with clients and co-workers.
- Previous Class A -minimum of 2 years driving experience required. Flatbed experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass a required pre-employment drug test.
- Physical Requirements: Able to lift and maneuver 75 lbs. for tarping and be able to exert enough force to
safely and securely tie down all material on flatbed.
- Maintain valid Medical Card.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time in the vehicle with or without frequent stops.
- Basic computer internet knowledge to refer to maps, logs and training.
- Knowledge of Commercial Vehicle Rules and Regulations.
- Some past operational experience in Flatbed transport and Forklift operation preferred.
- $14/hr- $.38/mile - $10/drop as applicable per route
- Medical, Dental, 401k (with employer contribution), Life Ins., Bonus Program, PTO, Paid Holidays
Contact: Please respond via email with resume and recent DMV printout, or apply in person at 3705 North Golden State Blvd. Fresno, CA 93722 between the hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (M-F).