Posting ID : A1068501368
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Art Media Design
Founded by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2002, After-School All-Stars, Los Angeles (ASAS-LA) is a leading after-school program provider whose programs educate, enlighten and inspire thousands of K-12 students each day. Activities are centered around health, fitness and nutrition; the visual and performing arts; and youth leadership and community service learning.
In partnership with the City of Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Unified School District, Montebello School District, and charter school organizations, ASAS-LA brings innovative, cutting-edge enrichment programs that contribute to reducing drug use, crime and violence; while increasing the safety of students in the after school hours. The organization serves over 5,000 students daily at 44 schools located in at-risk areas throughout LA County, which include: 12 elementary schools, 25 middle schools, and seven high schools.
Kobe Bryant is an ASAS-LA Program Ambassador.
ASAS-LA is part of the national After-School All-Stars, which provides after school programs in 12 cities, serving over 81,000 students.
Program Leaders - NOW HIRING PASSIONATE AND TALENTED PROGRAM LEADERS!Do you love working with kids? Are you interested in teaching your passion to students? Are you a kid at heart? Can you teach:
ART MEDIA, GRAPHIC ARTS DESIGN, SCIENCE (STEM) / ROBOTICS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct and manage 20 students within a classroom setting (by yourself).
- Provide homework/academic assistance and curriculum instruction.
- Share and teach talent and/or hobby to students year round for 6 to 8 week sessions (August - June).
- Support the vision and goals of the organization.
- Work cooperatively with site team in creating a safe, fun and supportive environment for students served in after school program.
- Participate in on-going trainings, workshops and professional development opportunities
- High School Diploma (prefer some college education but is not required)
- Previous experience working with middle school students
- Excellent interaction skills with children, including classroom and behavior management.
- Positive interpersonal and highly effective time management skills.
- Flexibility and ability to "think on your feet".
- Highly energetic and active, as well as creative and resourceful.
- Available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus!
- 15-20 Hours/Week (varies by school/site)
- You must be able to work Monday through Friday from 2:00 to 6:00 pm (hours vary by school/site)
- Starts at $12 - 15/hour
HOW TO APPLY: email resume to Cindy@la-allstars.org
If you are interested in applying for a Program Leader position, please copy your resume in the body of your email (DO NOT ATTACH DOCUMENTS) and write a brief description of what you can teach and why you are interested in working for our organization to Cindy@la-allstars.org. Please type the position you are applying for in the subject of your email. For more information about our organization including a full list of schools we currently serve, please visit us at www.la-allstars.org.