Posting ID : A1068500967
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Accounting Finance
Our client, a rapidly-growing Biotech in Watertown is seeking a Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager to join the team.
The ideal candidate will partner with the Controller, prepare and maintain accounting records which may include general accounting or budget data as well as examine, analyze and interpret accounting records for the purpose of giving advice or preparing statements. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team-player who has a solid technical accounting background.
- Execute the month-end close process by posting general ledger journal entries, reconcile select balance sheet and P&L accounts, and perform monthly analysis of actual results against forecast
- Support accounting process for drug product manufacturing and clinical trial-related activity
- Participate in year-end audit and interim reviews
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, disclosures and supporting documents
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an effective system of internal controls and compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Participate in the equity plan and stock option administration process
- Assist with ad hoc projects and initiatives (e.g., system upgrades, process improvements)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and or finance, CPA a plus
- 3+ years of related financial analyst/accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Prior experience working with tight deadlines and demonstrate