Posting ID : A1068500960
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Accounting Finance
Reporting to the Finance Supervisor, the Junior Financial Analyst will work as an integral part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team with the critical tasks of operational support, routine and ad-hoc reporting, and department-wide assistance. The scope of this role includes a wide variety of reporting, analysis, accounting and budgetary support:
1. Support the annual financial planning process including: support of the expense budgeting process by maintaining budgeting templates in our financial reporting software and other applications, preparing budgeting materials and guidelines and preparation of journal entries for reclassification of expenses.
2. Support the legal practices through routine and ad hoc reporting of law firm metrics.
3. Support the monthly close process of the firm's consolidated financial books. Produce and/or audit reports on activity and other metrics to be included in the monthly financial reports.
4. Actively contribute to the creation and improvement of standard reporting of law firm metrics to be used by internal management for the purposes of managing their practice or function within the firm.
5. Responsible for maintaining reference sheets, procedure documentation and training materials that are integral to the operations of the FP&A team and budget owners throughout the firm.
6. Support, as needed, various ad hoc projects and process improvement initiatives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's degree with a concentration in finance or accounting preferred.
2. Must have the ability to analyze financial data and prepare concise reports to assist management in understanding trends and variances.
3. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required; experience with reporting tools Crystal Reports and Business Objects a plus.
4. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
6. Team player with a strong work ethic
Normal office environment. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. There is an expectation that more hours will be required during peak periods.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.