Posting ID : A1068500411
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Systems Networking
The company is a MSP (Management Solutions Provider) located in the Kearny Mesa area.
This position will report directly to the Director of Services and other technical staff. Main responsibility is to take care of all computer related issues for our customers. The problems can not only be engaged in the field but also remotely for the customer. The position must have a vast breadth of knowledge on all applications and hardware that our customers use. Adhere to scope of work and budget to achieve overall profitability and efficiency. The duties listed below are intended only asillustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
I. Engineers the support and maintenance of systems.
2. Maintains network services such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SMB, SNMP, electronic mail, IPSEC I PPTP virtual private networks and firewalls applications.
3. Maintains archive and backup systems.
4. Maintains system security policy, to include firewalls, host and client access, file permissions, and user accounts.
5. Follows best practices, operational procedures and design documentation
6. Performs growth analysis and capacity planning.
7. Reviews current systems and makes technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
8. Plans and to manages multiple projects.
9. Provides on-call support advice and technical support to various users/clients regarding operational/applications issues. I 0. Installs and debugs new and/or upgraded software on server and client platforms.
II. Troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identifY and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
12. Stays up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems. Evaluates new hardware and software technologies, and presents analysis and purchase recommendations to the administration team and to management
13. Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer oriented team and perform effectively as an independent producer under broad management direction.
14. Maintains and Supports environments running Microsoft Hyper-V and vmWare ESX I ESXi
15. Configures and manages Layer 2 and 3 Switches
4+ years of network engineering and systems administration experience in Windows production environment required. Significant experience with and understanding of LDAP, TCP/JP, NFS, DHCP, SMB, SNMP, etc.
Superior communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
Excellent organizational and time/task management skills are required.
Experience with business collaboration tools such as Outlook, Excel, Visio, MS Project essential. Microsoft Certification
Experience with Kaseya and or Connectwise PSA a plus