Posting ID : A1068499554
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Nonprofit
Friday Night Live has the following internship opportunity:
The Youth Development Intern will assist the Friday Night Live staff by working directly with youth participants, parents, and school staff. Interns will assist in planning community and school based campaigns focused on environmental prevention.
- Orient and train youth participants.
- Recruit youth participants representative of the community.
- Oversee weekly youth activities and meetings.
- Conduct workshops for youth participants as needed.
- Conduct related administrative duties including meeting notes and agendas as needed.
- Upholds a professional image of the CADA at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the prevention advocate.
- Experience working with youth.
- Administrative and motivational skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people, including teens, parents and professionals.
- Ability to write professional letters and agendas.
- Public speaking skills and ability to conduct trainings and
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
Hours: 10-15 per week.
Qualifications: High School Diploma required. Degree or progress towards BA in a Social Science field recommended, especially psychology and sociology. Must have reliable transportation. Bilingual desired but not necessary.
Compensation: Small stipend
Friday Night Live is a prevention program of the Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse