Posting ID : A1068499409
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Software Qa Dba Etc
Android Developer (Full-Time Contract)
Telecommute Carlsbad, California, United States
Businessfriend, a growing social media company based in San Diego, is seeking an Android Developer to help take the newest and most comprehensive professional social networking site to hit the internet to the next level!
Businessfriend.com combines the ability to discover, connect and share with fellow professionals and offers the unique ability to communicate, manage, store and notate all aspects of your working life from one website and one mobile app. It's positioned to be the world's newest social networking platform for professionals and the companies they work for.
We are currently seeking an Android developer with 2-5 years experience. If you're a person who pays attention to detail is able to work in a fast paced Agile environment and is a good communicator then this is a great position for you.
We need someone with a strong ability and expert implementation of layouts who also has a strong understanding UI and can follow comps to down to the pixel. Must understand all the nuances of screen resolution and layout. Photoshop skills, cutting up and sizing graphics is a must.
This is a full time position 40 hours per week that will be done remotely. Candidate must be able to clearly communicate issues via task management systems (JIRA). Must be a strong listener with an attention to detail and be a note taker on every task. Candidate must be available to participate in daily SCRUM meetings via teleconference to discuss progress and clarification regarding tasks and will work closely with the Head of Engineering on a daily basis.
Develop, implement, and unit test our Android mobile application lots of UI and layout.
Help finish building out our Android native application.
Write robust code with strong experience with OOP.
Must be good a following instruction and paying attention to detail.
FOR CONSIDERATION YOU MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS. Please reply to posting with answers, cover letter and resume. Subject line must read "Android Developer".
1. Are you authorized to work in the US for any employer? (If no, we cannot consider your application).
2. Experience with Google Play Notification?
3. Extremely proficient in native Android application development?
4. Strong knowledge of Data Modeling?
5. Expert at layout?
6. High attention to design details and instructions?
7. 2-5+ years professional experience in the industry?
8. 2+ years professional experience in Android application development?
9. Experience working and believe in Agile methodologies?
10. High level understanding of device hardware and networking performance issues?
11. Please describe your experience with WebRTC and OpenTok:
12. Describe your experience delivering at least one major Android application that is still available in the Google Play. Provide link:
13. Please list your desired hourly contract rate:
14. Computer Science or related degree?
This is a 3-6 month contract with the potential to be extended if you are a great at what you do.