Posting ID : A1068499407
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Software Qa Dba Etc
Java Script Front-End Developer
Carlsbad, California, United States
Businessfriend, a growing social media company based in San Diego, is seeking a Java Script Front-End Developer to help take the newest and most comprehensive professional social networking site to hit the internet to the next level!
Businessfriend.com combines the ability to discover, connect and share with fellow professionals and offers the unique ability to communicate, manage, store and notate all aspects of your working life from one website and one mobile app. It's positioned to be the world's newest social networking platform for professionals and the companies they work for.
You will be working on a cutting edge business social networking platform. We need someone with strong UI experience with a background in design, but has a strong understands of OOP, has worked with data models, particularly looking for someone with Backbone JS experience.
This is a contract remote position. Must be able to clearly communicate issues via task management systems (JIRA). Again you must understand Agile development process and be good at taking notes. Strong cross browser implementation and debugging.
Develop, implement, and test a browser based web application across multiple browsers and devices.
Implement front-end web application following comps and wireframes.
Understand fundamentals of Git, Branching etc.
Must have experience with 4 of the 5 following technologies. Jade, Less, Grunt, BackboneJS and MEAN stack.
Must have experience with SCRUM+Agile+Lean development methods. Follow technical specs and a master at implementing advanced HTML5.
Mobile browser experience, responsive design is exciting to you because you know 'Mobilegeddon' is real in effect.
FOR CONSIDERATION YOU MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS. Please reply to posting with answers, cover letter and resume. The subject line must read "Java Script Front-End Developer".
1. Are you authorized to work in the US for any employer? (if no, your application cannot be considered).
3. Strong knowledge of server communication including REST/JSON? YES/NO
4. Experience working with server-side APIs? YES/NO
5. Strong knowledge of responsive design implementation using frameworks like Bootstrap? YES/NO
7. 1+ years solid understanding of Agile development methodologies? YES/NO
8. Git/Jira? YES/NO
9. Expert at graphic optimization and Sprite? YES/NO
10. Describe proficiency with AngularJS, Jade, Less, Grunt, BackboneJS and MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, NodeJS):
11. Describe your experience with WebRTC and OpenTok.
12. Describe experience with Photoshop and chopping assets, & Responsive Design
13. Describe your experience delivering at least one major web application that is still available on the internet. Please provide URL:
14. Describe your background in design:
This is a 3-6 month contract with the potential to be extended if you are a great at what you do.