Posting ID : A1068498408
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Skilled Trades Artisan
Do you feel undervalued? Under-appreciated for the work you do? Perhaps you're a little uncertain of your future job prospects given the current economic climate. Are you energetic and like to take ownership of your duties. Do you want to join a team where your opinions and contributions are supported and encouraged? Are you looking for growth opportunities? Are you interested in working in an environment that encourages teamwork, training and on-going education? With competitive salaries, benefits, growth opportunities and a work environment that puts a premium on hard work, education and overall job satisfaction, We are seeking a full time Facility Maintenance Technician/Building Engineer for a Class "A" office building in Marina Del Rey. We are a well established company with over 47 years in business. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible and we strongly embody and enforce that. Our technicians are the driving force behind customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.
The position requires previous experience in the Building Engineer/Facility Maintenance field.
The desired candidate will need to meet the following requirements and qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience is necessary.
- Previous "High Rise Commercial Building" experience a plus.
- Familiar with Fire/Life Safety and Reg.4 procedures and systems.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting and drywall repair.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC.
- Basic knowledge of locksmithing.
- Basic knowledge of DDC and/or Pneumatic Building Controls.
- Must be a self starter, proactive and able to think outside of the box.
- Familiar with Tenant Improvements.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be able to communicate with customers effectively, professionally and efficiently. Must be client oriented.
- Possess excellent people skills and works well in a team environment.
- Must pass a background screening including DMV check.
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment when carrying out projects and/or tasks.
- Knowledge of maintenance tools and equipment.
- Some basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a plus.
- Reliable and dependable. Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Strong reasoning and interpersonal skills.
- Universal CFC Certification.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit resume.
THIS IS NOT A CONSTRUCTION JOB