Posting ID : A1068498391
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Skilled Trades Artisan
** (Note: This add is NOT for union contract employment) **
We are fast growing, family owned, Construction Company seeking self-motivated team player employees who specialize in pipe laying and general labor. We're looking for pipe layers and general laborers with at least 1 year of experience in underground utilities including electrical conduits, communications, water, sanitary sewer, and storm drains. Primary function of a Pipe Layer or general laborer is to work with the backhoe operator and top helpers to install underground electrical conduits, communications, water, sewer, and storm drain pipes safely.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
Able to use small tools, rakes, shovels, plate compactor and other general labor tools.
Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach above head, pull, push, climb, and walk or stand for long periods of time.
Able to work in weather, (heat, humidity, cold, wind, rain showers etc.)
Able to lift 50 pounds.
Must be willing to do multiple job duties as needed to complete job.
Able perform all tasks related to general site work and utilities construction.
Pipe layers will be responsible for the proper installation of pipelines and other utilities.
Able to operate various types of heavy equipment; Hammer drill, compactor, Etc.
Be aware of and responsive to safety issues related to excavation and trenching.
Pipe layers must ensure pipe and fittings are installed in the proper manner as specified.
Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
Knowledge of various shoring systems and preparations for their use.
Knowledge of grade control systems -- site and pipe lasers, grade stakes, string lines, etc. - and be able to set them up.
Knowledge of asphalt and concrete resurfacing of streets, sidewalks, driveway approach, etc.
And all other duties as indicated by supervisors.
- Strength and Endurance: Laborer positions are physically demanding, and a high level of physical fitness is required.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal communication and team work skills are necessary as proper completion of an assigned job and working safe will be highly dependent upon this ability. Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Flexibility: Ability to work in a number of diverse locations is pertinent, as work locations may change daily.
- Coordination: Balance, depth perception and eye-hand coordination are critical.
- Expected Hours: Hours will vary by job, location and season. Working a night shift may be required.
- Winning attitude!
- Work Ethic: Dedicated and hard working.
- Ability to problem solve.
Must have a valid Driver's License.
Minimum 1+ years of experience in labor or pipe laying.
Minimum 1+ years of experience within the construction industry.
**Escobar Contracting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer**