Posting ID : A1068498388
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Skilled Trades Artisan
** (Note: This add is NOT for union contract employment) **
We are fast growing, family owned, Construction Company seeking a self-motivated team player employee who is able to operate backhoe machinery or shovel to dig for sewer, water, electrical conduit on public works areas according to job requirements. Must have the ability to problem solve and follow directions.
The Backhoe Operator is responsible for excavating ditches and structures, laying pipe and precast concrete structures, carrying materials in the loader bucket, and general excavation and backfill. The Backhoe Operator will also assist with general labor duties as needed. Additionally, may operate a variety of equipment including hand and power tools not limited to: hammers drill, compactors, small mechanical hoists, shoring, surveying and measuring equipment. They clean and prepare job sites, dig trenches, place shoring to support the sides of excavations, clean up rubble and debris. The Backhoe Operator will spend their time on the physical job site.
- Strength and Endurance: Laborer positions are physically demanding, and a high level of physical fitness is required.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal communication and team work skills are necessary as proper completion of an assigned job and working safe will be highly dependent upon this ability. Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Flexibility: Ability to work in a number of diverse locations is pertinent, as work locations may change daily.
- Coordination: Balance, depth perception and eye-hand coordination are critical.
- Expected Hours: Hours will vary by job, location and season. Working a night shift may be required.
- Winning attitude!
- Work Ethic: Dedicated and hard working.
- Ability to problem solve.
Must obtain an A Driver's License.
Minimum 2+ years of experience with a backhoe.
Minimum 2+ years of experience within the construction industry.
Experience using hydraulic attachments on backhoe is preferred.
**Escobar Contracting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer**