Posting ID : A1068496479
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Education Teaching
Primrose School of Mansell Road seeks enthusiastic teachers who want to make a difference and put their talents to use in nationally accredited preschool. Email us your resume to learn more about how you can join the leaders in early education and care -- earning a great salary and with competitive benefits.
We are currently looking to hire a full-time lead teacher in our 2 year old classroom.
-Must meet basic requirements of Bright from the Start.
-Ability to relate positively with young children.
-Previous teaching or assistant teaching position with a public or private school system, a quality preschool, child care center or church nursery is preferred.
-Certification or degree related to early childhood or preschool or elementary education is mandatory.
-Knowledge of (through studies or work experience) the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a class of children
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis
- Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials
- Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations
- Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class
- Provides the children with verbal praise and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and bathroom activities(including diapering in younger classrooms)
- Maintains the Primrose Schools professional attitude, dress code and work behavior
- Assists in other capacities as determined by the Director
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as determined by the Director