Posting ID : A1068493520
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Retail Wholesale
What was the last Book you Read???
Do You Love Books, Book Clubs, Authors, Reading and All things BOOKS!
Do you want to meet your favorite authors?
Do you want to attend local publishing events and get your books before they are available to the public?
Do you want to get your books at 40% Discount?
You need to work for us!
Copperfield's Books, with stores in Sonoma, Marin and Napa counties, has an immediate opening for a Bookseller at our store located in Napa, Ca.
This is a permanent position just waiting for the right person to help all our customers walk away with the perfect book or gift item.
Copperfield's just celebrated its 30th anniversary and is one of the premier
independent bookstores in the country.
We offer health and dental plans and a salary commensurate with experience.
Please reply with a short bio and your resume.
SUMMARY:A retail bookseller's primary responsibility is to effectively satisfy each customer's needs with an excellent level of customer relations skills, product knowledge and teamwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Service & Presentation
* Acknowledge arriving and departing customers. Ability to watch flow of customers and be accessible to shoppers.
* Fully able to engage and answer customer's queries and requests.
* Ability to be resourceful and think creatively when assisting a customer with a book search
* Offer and competently take a customer order.
* Ability to Understand and utilize discount card.
* Offer and sell gift cards
* Understand customer shipping procedure
* Gift wrap
* Provide excellent customer service to other Copperfield's employees and follow through on all requests
* Greet and query customers at register.
* Handle and ring merchandise appropriately, accurately.
* Understand and tender all types of payment correctly.
* Handle money, receipts correctly. Verbalizes transactions.
* Consistently offer Discount Card.
* Understand Void/Refund/Credit procedure/policy
* Demonstrate pride and ownership of store by maintaining cleanliness, organization and attractiveness of store's interior and exterior
* Be familiar with store layout, sections and shelving organization.
* Ability to assist with pulling/counts of sections.
* Shelve accurately while visually merchandising.
* Fully understand how to read a display screen in Wordstock
* Familiar with Ingram Ipage
* Use telephones/intercoms appropriately, correctly.
* Prioritize duties appropriately
* Maintains neat and organized work space while performing duties.
* Able to multi-task competently.
* Familiar with new release and other specifically merchandised areas
* Maintain reliability in attendance
* Knows return/refund/exchange policy and procedure.
* Be attentive to floor activity/loss prevention policy and practice.
* Follow employee handbook and use handbook and Job Description as a resource for understanding performance expectations.
* Follow health and safety guidelines
* Other duties may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to handle money
* Comfortable with operating a computer
* Communication skills necessary to assist customers as needed with a cheerful outgoing personality
* Dress and grooming appropriate for working with the public
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year retail experience or equivalent training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Strong command of the English language
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to lift 40 pounds unassisted and 60 pounds with assistance
* Ability to stand for at least 3 hours at a time
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to multi-task competently.
* Successfully work as part of a team.
* Take initiative, self-managed
* Understands importance of punctuality