Posting ID : A1068493489
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Retail Wholesale
We are Betabrand, a five-year-old San Francisco-based online clothing company. We are hiring a part-time retail sales associate for our flagship store located inside of our headquarters on Valencia Street.
This isn't an ordinary clothing store - it's a physical version of our website, a killer event space, and it reflects our humorous, community-based approach to clothing design and retail. To get a better sense of who we are before you apply, take a look around our website, , and read some of the stories associated with our products. If you like our humor and have found yourself making (or at least laughing at) similar jokes, then you'll probably enjoy working here.
If our website focuses on anything, it's photos and experiences. Because of this, we have a photo studio front and center in the store. Here, customers pose for pictures with our constantly evolving cast of wonders and oddities. Instantly, they are uploaded to the website and projected onto our store wall (via our Model Citizen web app). We want everyone who visits the store to feel like they're part of a wider world of Betabrand customers - and the store staff will help to make that experience happen.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention;
- Follow through on all Customer questions and requests;
- Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful service;
- Maintain the sales floor and restock inventory as needed;
- Provide customers with the story of Betabrand;
- Follow all cash handling procedures;
- Greet each customer and offer to take their picture in our Model Citizen studio;
- Answer department telephone calls quickly using excellent phone etiquette.
- Previous Front End or Customer Service experience preferred;
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team;
- Communicate effectively with customers;
- Follow instructions and procedures;
- Sell proactively;
- Desire to learn about the fashion industry and crowdfunding;
- Effective time management skills;
- Strong work ethic and integrity;
- Visually examine products for quality and freshness;
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use of box cutters;
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time;
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders;
- Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat;
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds;
- Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds;
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
This is a part-time position, approximately 24 hours weekly, pay rate based on experience. You would be opening (10:30am-3:30pm) three days a week in addition to working one full day on the weekend.
Does this sound like fun to you?! If so, please respond with your resume and email cover letter telling us what you love about working in retail. Again, be sure to check out our website to familiarize yourself with our brand -