Posting ID : A1068491902
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Food Beverage Hospitality
Want to explore an exciting career in music, fine dining and hospitality? This is the place for you. Meet the Fenix, San Rafael's new, innovative Supper Club. A place where a dining room, stage, and state-of-the-art recording studio are one; where every show is streamed live in HD to fans around the world.
We are seeking mature, talented, hospitality driven Night Floor Manager.
A restaurant floor manager is responsible for helping the restaurant meet service, sales, and profit objectives along with supervising and directing associates in daily work activities. As a restaurant floor manager, one must assist the general manager with ensuring proper training of new employees, formulating work schedules, and maintaining good customer and public relations within the community.
Maintaining proper inventories, ensuring compliance with cash control procedures, completing related accounting and administrative reports, and effective utilization of marketing funds are required. A restaurant floor manager may serve in any capacity within the restaurant as needed due to employee absence and perform related duties and assignments as required.
A restaurant floor manager generally must have a minimum of two years of management experience. Excellent organizational skills, strong customer service skills, impeccable presentation, and a strong attitude for leadership.
- Candidates should have at least 2 years restaurant management experience in an upscale dining establishment
- A genuine passion for and strong knowledge of fine food, wine and spirits and a desire to contribute positively and enthusiastically to a growing enterprise in a competitive market.
- A minimum of five years management experience in a high-volume, fine dining or high-end casual restaurant.
- Strong business acumen, a head for numbers and business accounting.
- Strong inter-personal skills, a learned manner for interacting appropriately with guests and employees, and the ability to inspire confidence and passion in others.
- Experience using back-of-house administrative functions on a modern POS system (back of house Aloha experience a plus).
- Experience providing service education via Daily line-ups; New server, busser, host and bartender training programs; Ongoing development programs, seminars; Daily evaluation of restaurant service performance;
Employee discussion and evaluations; Coordination of timely food production.
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
- Candidates must be available to work all shifts including weekend, opening, closing, and mid-shifts
- We offer paid time off and a competitive benefits package.
Ultimately, we're looking for an individual with the dedication to see every task through to the end despite whatever obstacles may come her/his way. We're building Fenix into something we believe will uplift the food and entertainment scene in the Bay Area.