Posting ID : A1068491896
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Food Beverage Hospitality
The Merchants Exchange Productions team brings more than 50 years combined experience hosting and producing special events in San Francisco. From planning and logistics, to production, management, and in-house gourmet catering, Merchants Exchange Productions is the only fully-verticalized event production service tied exclusively to three of The City's finest venues. Every program hosted by Merchants Exchange Productions is more than an event, it's a true San Francisco experience.
We are looking for an experienced Events Manager to lead the many moving parts of our fabulous events. Morning, afternoon and evening shifts are available and are driven by the event calendar. Flexibility is always appreciated. We specialize in fine restaurant quality food served seamlessly for large events, corporate holiday parties, non-profit events, weddings, etc. Our Event Managers must possess a head for detail and a passion for outstanding, attentive service that will always impress our guests.
The Events Manager reports directly to the Productions Manager and is responsible for overseeing all dining room set up and service during an event.
* Thoroughly review all event materials and documents prior to arriving on site.
* Attend full staff meeting with Kitchen Manager and servers
* Complete venue opening checklist.
* Be the client's primary contact and liaison throughout event, attentive to all client's needs.
* Assist with all front of the house set-up: registration, signage, stanchions, folding screens, coat check, etc.
* Oversee vendor load-in/load-out. Direct vendors and field any questions.
* Manage the timeline: continually connect with client, bar lead, kitchen manager, vendors, and chefs to keep the timeline on track. Consistently follow-up/check-in with all event leads.
* Ensure service standards are demonstrated by all servers (demeanor, conversations on the floor, posture, professionalism).
* Work with kitchen lead to report low inventory items and breakage immediately.
* Alert the appropriate staff member regarding building maintenance issues, cleaning needs, and or emergency situations.
* Final walk-through of venue/check out of all internal and external staff.
* Complete closing checklist.
* A current California Food Handlers Certificate.
* High level of professionalism.
* Have regular access to e-mail and the internet.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Must be a proven self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision.
* Attention to detail.
* Minimum of 2 years private event experience. Fine dining restaurant experience a plus.
* A professional and positive attitude at all times.
* Professional appearance and attire.
* Available to work a flexible schedule that will include nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by the events schedules.
* Have the stamina to work up to 10 hours. Stand and walk the entire duration of the event.
* Ability to bend, stoop lift up to 25 lbs, reach overhead and perform repetitive motion.
* May involve walking between departments and climbing stairs between floors.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
* Compensation based on experience
* Health benefits offered to full time team members
* Commuter Plan for Transit & Parking
If this position calls out to you, if you have the skills and proven experience to meet all expectations, please introduce yourself by submitting your resume.