Posting ID : A1068491889
Date Posted : 2015-08-19
Category : Food Beverage Hospitality
The Merchants Exchange Productions team brings more than 50 years combined experience hosting and producing special events in San Francisco. From planning and logistics, to production, management, and in-house gourmet catering, Merchants Exchange Productions is the only fully-verticalized event production service tied exclusively to three of The City's finest venues. Every program hosted by Merchants Exchange Productions is more than an event, it's a true San Francisco experience.
We are looking for experienced Banquet Servers to provide support for our fabulous events. Morning, afternoon and evening shifts are available and are driven by the event calendar. Flexibility is always appreciated. We specialize in fine restaurant quality food served seamlessly for large events, corporate holiday parties, non-profit events, weddings, etc. Banquet Server candidates must possess a passion for outstanding, attentive service.
Our banquet servers are assigned tables for which they are responsible; they are also responsible for accommodating all guests at our events while circulating the room. They anticipate the needs of our guests and respond politely to their requests. Responsibilities include:
* Setting up events: arrange table placement and set up buffets and food display; set table linens and place settings.
* Working with the catering staff to ensure each course is delivered as quickly as possible.
* Caring for assigned table(s) during formal service:
- When there are multiple meal choices, take orders for each table and deliver corresponding orders to guests.
- Keep beverage glasses filled while serving; clear plates as guests finish courses.
- Respond to any questions from guests.
* After service, assisting with clean up and breakdown of the event.
* Maintaining high standards of safety and cleanliness.
* Adhering to grooming and appearance standards.
* A current California Food Handlers Certificate.
* High level of professionalism.
* Have regular access to e-mail and the internet.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Must be a proven self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision.
* Attention to detail.
* Available to work a flexible schedule that will include nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by the events schedules.
* Have the stamina to work up to 10 hours. Stand and walk the entire duration of the event.
* Ability bend, stoop lift up to 25 lbs, reach overhead and perform repetitive motion.
* May involve walking between departments and climbing stairs between floors.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
* Compensation based on experience
* Commuter Plan for Transit & Parking
If this position calls out to you, if you have the skills and proven experience to meet all expectations, please introduce yourself by submitting your resume.